11 October 2012

Should It Stay or Should It Go?



So, which light fixtures stay and which go?
I'm not thrilled with all the choices, but, you know, there are other factors besides whether or not I like them. 
(Read: $$$)




The Mexican looking chandelier is almost cute.
 Frankly, I just can't stand it.
Can't stand that maroon-ish color with bright green. Isn't it funny how we all have some very personal color preferences and biases?
I've tried to get over it. Now I'm trying to look the other way.
Maybe I should paint over that color that I don't like with pink or red or, eh, um, turquoise?
This chandy hangs in the former breezeway turned foyer.





This fixture is a dull-greenish-gold metal with common, ordinary, see-them-everywhere glass globes. It hangs in a weird place in the kitchen ceiling. I can't really afford to replace it, so it stays. Sigh.
Thankfully, it doesn't look half bad in the freshly painted remodeled kitchen.





Love this switch plate cover. The painter replaced it with a white one. hahaha. I can put it back....





This is cute. But not on this wall, which is in a circulation pathway. I don't know if we'll reuse it or not.







This vintage lantern is really cute. My plan was to paint it red, but, after seeing that so many designers are plum crazy over brass these days, it is still shiny brassy gold.
And it hangs over the kitchen banquette, as it probably has for many many years.





This sweet little old thing still hangs in the hallway. Maybe another type bulb would help.






This really common chandelier from the sixties or seventies still hangs in the master bedroom. I wish I could have it powder coated turquoise or another perky color, but, for now, it remains. Not bad. I like it with the old never-painted wood walls.






Some days I like this and some days, not so much. It would be fun to paint it. Black? I'll remove the globes. They're too common and ordinary and boring. Maybe use Edison bulbs without globes?






This is another one I tried to like but gave up. Hasta la vista, little Tiffany style pendant.
It hung over the kitchen sink.









No comments:

Post a Comment