11 October 2012

Blinded By The Light



Yep, more on lighting.

I really, really love lighting. All types. And I like to turn them all on. At the same time.

Lighting fixtures give opportunities to add punch and sizzle and personality and style to interiors. It's easy to default to common ordinary choices, but why not spend some time and and use lighting to make a space just a little different than any other?

Need ideas?
Here are a few to get your creative juices flowing.







 Sparkly elegant crystal chandeliers.






Classy and brassy and gold metal drum.








Rustic European styled fixtures.








Italian chandeliers.
Ok, these are hot, hot, hot.
Aren't they cute? The first is from Aidan Gray and the second is from Niermann Weeks.













Turquoise and lime. Beads. Texture. Contemporary and bohemian and country all at once. Can that be possible? Such a statement piece.








What's not to love with this red pendant? Vintage and red and a tad rustic. Looks like it came out of Grandma's farmhouse kitchen. Of course it's shown with an apron sink, bridge faucet, and porcelain topped table. It's the McCoy from Rejuvenation. (These would have been perfect in my kitchen. Silly old budget.)







I mean, really. Really. A ship shaped chandy. Say it with me...








Restoration Hardware has read my mind. Again. A rusty birdcage (okay, faux. still.) enveloping an elegant crystal chandelier. Do you love the juxtaposition of the 2? I do, I do.








A pleasant enough interior this, but look how Tobi Fairley jazzes it up with that red oversized lantern. Splendid. Makes the point - and really well - that you only need one star per space. Let that red lantern steal the show.








So French. So magnifique. Turquoise glass beads on this antique French sconce from Paris Apartment. Goodness sakes alive.








I can't track this swing arm lamp down, but it's fabulous. If you know whose it is, please let me know so I can give credit.








Fabulous green and white ceramic lamp.







Double drum shade. So chic.








Amazing chandelier. From Queen Decor on Etsy.








Hudson makes unbelievable lamps. This wooden one is a stunner.





This orange one is crazy. It comes in turquoise too.
Love.






I love pink and I love lanterns. Wow.









Why use white drum shades on these pendants when you can use red plaid shades? Terrific.









By the way, the Tobi Fairley Rothesay Lantern is available on her website in red or yellow or any color. It's HUGE, at 39"H x 22"W x 22"D. And $3900. Oh, additional shipping charges may apply. Just so you know.
And, it's GORGEOUS.
The turquoise and lime beaded number is $3990 and from The Designer Insider. 33"H x 22" W.
The Gabby Lighting Joselyn Chandelier is $873 from Layla Grace.
They also sell the Aidan Gray Italian fixture for $1650.
The RH Birdcage chandelier is $1895 - $2625, depending on which size you want.
The ship chandelier is from ZGallerie. Who knew?
Green and white lamp is from Folly for $160.
Double drum shade is Restoration Hardware.
Pink lantern from Colleen and Company for $1800-2800.
Plaid lampshades from Osborne & Little from HousetoHome.UK.



Don't you love SCHOOLHOUSE ELECTRIC? And so much of their stuff is Made in USA, I discovered when pinning to my Made in USA board on Pinterest. Haven't I told you, my dear readers, about my newest obsession - finding items made in America? No, all 5 of you say?
Okay, that's a topic for another post....


No comments:

Post a Comment