17 October 2012

A Minor Hitch: My Hutch


So. Here is my black hutch.





I've never liked it.
I got it for a great price after falling in love with a different one, didn't buy it, went back to get it and they only had this one instead.
Silly me.
Anyway, the lines aren't too bad, but I've never liked the red, the gold highlights, or the creamy yellow.
I could just put it on Craig's List, and may end up doing just that.


But, I've seen so many painted pieces on Pinterest and other blogs and have wondered if I can revive, revamp, and recycle the hutch.

Here are a few pieces that are inspiring.

This light gray Swedish piece is charming.


Garbo Interiors


The bookcase below is a great putty gray color with a creamy white detail.


Layla Grace

Okay, paint would never make my ole hutch look like this next carved fluted antique stunner. But take a look at the beautiful color and lovely detail.


Pinterest

The light blue cupboard below with creamy interior is fun and classy and would give me another opportunity to have some marble. Always need more marble.


Country Living

 The hutch below is so pretty painted olive with turquoise trim.


The Nester

This is a nice look; a tan exterior with gray interior.


Pink  Wallpaper

This pink interior is gorgeous and super fun. The silver looks so great with the pink and check out that sweet tassel!


A Perfect Gray


This one is awesome. Black with white inside. I'd have to paint over all the red etc, so just as much painting. Nice look.



A Life's Design

We have painted almost all of the walls in our house white. The photo below certainly makes the case for painting the hutch white also.


A Perfect Gray

As does this photo. One friend said this photo already looks like my house. Sweet.


The Victorian Ruralist

Whatcha think?
Can I make my hutch look less country and more city? Classy? Chic?



2 comments:

  1. Okay, so I really don't have a great eye for this sort of thing---I just ooh and ahh at the things you post :)--but I definitely think you should try to repaint/revamp the hutch. I kinda like the lines, and these pics are all super fun. I LOVE that all-white one, and also the black/white one. Plus, if you fix it up and then decide you dont like it, you can sell it on craigslist for beaucoups bucks anwyay :) Just my 2 cents :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree completely. It IS a lot of work. But paint's cheap. Maybe I'll get around to it some time soon. I think the color of the walls. With a light gray interior?

    ReplyDelete