11 June 2013

Kitchen Counters


So here is the Counter Story from our little cottage. 
I thought I'd published it months ago.
The existing counters and backsplash were white formica.






We ripped out those counters, the backsplash, and even the upper cabinets.
Looks nasty, huh?







We used 6x6" honed carrara marble tiles on the diagonal for the counter surface and mosaic 2x2" carrara for the counter edge detail. For the under mount stainless steel sink edge we used a double row of tiny 1x1" carrara marble mosaic tiles.
I love these babies.
I really really really wanted tile all the way up the wall rather than a backsplash, but that wasn't in the budget. So we added V-groove paneling to match the existing. It's nice and clean and gives a nice backdrop for the floating shelves.






I would have loved a thick chunky solid marble slab, but since we may tear down the house in just a few years and rebuild, it wasn't really worth the expense
Using these inexpensive tiles allows us to see how we like living with marble without the expense.









Love that marble!

We also had butcher block counters on 2 of the cabinets as seen below.








And here is the little cabinet with marble. I love it!





There are things I don't love about this house, but I really love the original wood tongue and groove walls and adore the marble. Love the creamy whiteness of it. Love marble anything.

1 comment:

  1. i love it! can't wait to see more pics of the whole kitchen :) it looks so fresh! and i LOVE that little counter right by the door. so so cute.

    ReplyDelete