18 February 2014

Folk Inspired Baby Shoes

We had a darling addition to our family last October, six weeks early in fact!
She's beautiful and healthy and not a little chubby.
We're so thankful.

To celebrate her arrival and to give her a little something special so she can say "My grandma made this by hand when I was born" about something, here are some sweet little baby shoes.

I used this very expensive (bought on sale of course. who pays full price for patterns?) Simplicity "vintage" pattern. I cut them out and then dreaded them for several weeks turned into months, letting them sit around, collect dust, and age gracefully. Like cheese or wine.
Finally I pulled them out and embroidered them in one sitting, sewed them up with the machine the following day, and tied them on little B the next time I saw her.
They were so easy and fast and fun to make!



Even with my very imperfect embroidery, they are charming. 
Can't wait to make more. Maybe the boy version for grandchild #4 due in May?











Look at the fine ahem embroidery work. And yet it's charming in its imperfection, I think.







Finished! And here they are in action!
Plenty of growing room.
But you know how fast those babes grow.




Sweet, sweet, sweet!

1 comment: