24 February 2012

Cleaning up my act

(This post is for our architect.)
So I do like a good old Texas Farmhouse. High ceilings, crown moldings, big old Texas sized baseboards.
But I keep moving toward cleaner lines. I can't do this yet:

Nor this in my kitchen. Though I think it's beautiful, and if I had 2 houses, I could do it.


But I really like this look,with the reclaimed sandblasted wood floors, no baseboards, metal windows etc.


And here's a kitchen that is kind of eclectic I think?


Another pretty white kitchen, with marble, but I don't care for the furniture feet and turned columns on the island. I do like the clean white look with the simple arched window, medium wood floors, polished chrome fixtures.



I think I like to mix it up, and I'm really drawn to these steel windows and doors I've been seeing a lot.




And I really like the juxtaposition of the straight lines of the architecture and the upholstered pieces with the ornate fireplace and gilt frame.




No comments:

Post a Comment